Sunday 2 September 2012

Lotus Cake

Hello Fellow Foodies,

I recently received a cake order, and like so many of my lovely clients, this lady left the cake design entirely up to me.

I really appreciate (and LOVE) it when I'm allowed to exercise my creativity and given artistic license!


Anyway, I decided to do a cake with a Lotus and a lotus bud, both on a leaf.

I started off with making the lotus petals - tinting the fondant with the right colour, cutting out the leaves, giving them some texture, allowing them to dry and then finally shading them.

 Fondant Lotus Petals

Next up, I shaped the bud, added petals to it and shaded it.
Fondant Lotus Bud

Finally I created the leaf that the lotus was going to rest on, and then assembled the entire thing on the cake.
 

 And the rest, my dears, was cake history! I'm quite happy with the way this turned out :)

Hope you guys liked it too. As always, you can see more on our Facebook page!


No comments:

Post a Comment