Wednesday 5 September 2012

Dome Cake with Flowers in Hues of Pink

Hi Cake-Lovers,

I love creating striking cakes. And for the longest time I've always felt that one pound cakes never have enough, well, cake in them to create a something cute and different. To me, tiny, flat cakes were done and dusted.

Now all that has changed! I present to you what's going to be my new favourite (yes, yet another favourite) cake to do - The Dome!

The Dome comes in a one pound size. It's cute, petite and has everything you've loved in the bigger cakes!

This particular cake was requested for the birthday girl, by her two friends. The get-together was a small one and so a one pound cake was just perfect for the event.

I decided to have flowers in varying hues of purple and pink, together with a few white ones. All of these stood out beautifully against the rich, dark chocolate ganache.
 
Top View of the Dome Cake with flowers

Dome cake atop my brand new stand - available for rentals soon!

The only cause for complain was the never-ending rain. It made working with the fondant SO difficult. Sticky, goopy fondant is not fun, and definitely not pretty!

But it turns out the Dessert Gods were on my side and in the end, everything turned out fine :)

Not wanting to spoil the beauty of the cake by piping on it, I made a small edible plaque for the birthday message:

'Happy Birthday' Plaque on the cake

I love this cute cake, and I hope you do too! More pictures on our Facebook page.

Happy Rainy Thursday, everyone and be sure to carry an umbrella if you're heading out!

No comments:

Post a Comment